The Parish of St John
“a community living, growing and sharing the Gospel of Christ”
Our congregation is made up of ordinary people from all walks of life and backgrounds. We’re young and old in age, single, married, divorced and widowed, new Christians and mature ones.
- We have something for the young, the middle years and for the older folks ( check out the Friendship page)
- There is an unconditional welcome waiting for you and we trust you will enjoy worshiping God with us.
- For some people going anywhere for the first time can be a bit of a nerve racking experience. Welcomer will meet you at the door and don’t be afraid to tell them you are a new visitor.We aren’t super spiritual beings, we’ve all had a first day somewhere and you’ll find us a friendly bunch.
You are invited to join us and meet other Church members after the 10 am service when we enjoy a cup of tea or coffee in the lounge. On the second and fourth Sundays we have a more traditional service with a lot more of the traditional hymns and on the first and third Sundays we are a little less formal. What ever suits you we always have a warm welcome whatever service you would like attend! And on Thursdays in Old St Johns we even have the 1662 Eucharist Service. So we have something for everyone.
We are richly blessed in having alternative places to worship in St Johns Parish. We have two sister churches, one in Hairini – the historic St Paul’s and St Saviour’s in Pirongia. Services at these churches will be found on the Service Times page. You would be most welcome there, too.
We are pleased that you have taken the time to visit our website and we would be delighted to welcome you to any of churches in the parish.
- If you would like Home Communion, please let Amy at our office know.
- Please visit our Facebook page Parish of St John’ Te Awamutu
Our Mission Statement
The Mission of the Parish of St. John is to serve God by working for the understanding and growth of God’s Kingdom. The growth of God’s Kingdom focuses on:-
- Celebrating the presence of God in worship
- Proclaiming the good news of God’s Kingdom.
- Nurturing new disciples and helping Christians grow in faith.
- Demonstrating care by serving others in need.
- Transforming unjust structures of society
- Caring for the earth and the integrity of creation
For our parish:
God of Grace, grant the gifts of your Holy Spirit to our Parish and Diocesan Nominators, and to our Bishop, that they may discern your will in the selection of our new Vicar. We pray that they may nominate a faithful disciple of your Son who will serve you and the people of St. John’s and our surrounding worship centres, witnessing to your redeeming love and drawing all people to you; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.